BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 4, 2013

on the fourth day...

On the fourth day, I am thankful for FOOD!

Our refrigerator has been pretty bare the past couple of days, except for some condiments. I'm not even sure what M ate while I was out of town this past weekend. Perhaps butter with some hot sauce on it. Or maybe just spoonfuls of jelly. Who knows.

The list of things I won't eat is rather short.

To be honest, I would much rather get paid to travel the states, because let's face it foreign countries have foreign things that I would much rather not consume, and eat at restaurants. Or diners. Or dives. Or holes in the wall. Or fancy restaurants. Either way, I would be happier.

M and I went to the grocery store tonight and it was almost like we have never seen food before. He picked up a Dulce de Leche pie for himself and I picked up some raspberries for myself, among the other eighty-five dollars worth of food we purchased.

When it's all said and done, we sometimes, okay, all the time, for the most part, take food for granted.

Not only am I thankful for food. I am thankful for the grocery store, the farmer who grew my fruits and vegetables, the trucker that brought in the food and all the other hands and people involved in the process.

I am very lucky to be able to purchase such pies and different kinds of fruits and vegetables. A lot of Americans go hungry every night. Many people think that hunger only happens in third world countries, but friends, take a look around you; it's your neighbor, co-worker, or student at school who goes hungry.

I am very blessed to be able to provide for me and M. Our bellies are full and we are thankful time and time again.


No comments:

Post a Comment