BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

ahoy!

If you found me, AHOY, mateys! I'm so excited to get my feet wet...again, in the blogging world. Quite frankly, I was overwhelmed and feeling defeated and didn't want my blog to become just that. I am back, and I have high hopes of staying committed to this blogging thing.

Speaking of hopes, you may have noticed all of the anchors that threw up everywhere. One thing that most people don't know about me, is that the anchor is the most meaningful symbol in my life. Let's take a look, shall we?



Hope - I have hope in all things. The good. The bad. The unseen. The two biggest things I remain hopeful for...being a wife, and most importantly, a mother. There is really no greater gift than loving your husband so much that you want to share in parenthood together.

Fidelity - I am an extremely loyal and supportive person and I everything I do, I do it with passion. You will see this through the work I do, the relationships I have with others, the beliefs and values I have and the causes I love to support.

Security - I work in a pretty rough inner city in Ohio and I'm constantly thinking about my security and leaving it up to my faith to keep me free from any threats, harm or danger.

Steadfastness - Lately, I have been tested with some extremely difficult challenges, yet, I have remained extremely loyal to the person and continue to support them and stand by them. That's what family is about, right?

Stability - Mama didn't raise a fool, she raised an independent woman. Sometimes, I think I'm too independent for my own good. My grandma and my mama gave me a strong foundation and I've always been taught that I need to learn to stand on my own two feet and that the only person that I need to depend on is myself. And that's what I've done. Even without M, I would be just fine all on my own.

Faith - I had a very strong upbringing in the church. Faith is something that I have always had. Taking the extra leap, opening the door to a new opportunity, going out of my comfort zone. Those things take faith. I practice my faith in non-traditional forms, not just sitting in a pew. One of my very favorite scriptures reads: "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." Hebrews 6:19. If I have faith in God, and God is my anchor, someone who keeps me grounded, my soul will be at rest.

I'm not one to usually get all church-y but I've been through some things the past couple of months and I've really had to put my faith in something bigger than me.

Bear with me for now, I really am FUN and I have a whole bunch of entertaining posts coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment